Massage is a powerful tool for helping injuries to heal and reduce stress at the same time. Chastity has an amazing ability for helping people restore normal muscle function and improve their physical and emotional health. Her philosophy is: Where there is a will there is a way. All is possible. PEACE, LOVE and LIGHT.
Types of Massage therapy Available:
- Swedish Massage - Is the most common modality used in the U.S.A.. Long gliding strokes'efflevrage' and rhythmical, kneading strokes 'Petrissege' form the basis of this therapy. But, friction, vibration and tapping can be a part of the treatment. Swedish massage is great for relaxation, increased circulatory helps to flush toxins and is beneficial for rehabilitation and recovery from strain, trauma or cancer. Massage is performed unclothed, on a massage table, using oil.
- Deep Tissue Massage - Works out areas of congestion deep in the muscle tissue. It can help to clear emotional congestion as well as physical. Deep tissue is great for increasing range of motion and helps constricted joints. Deep Tissue uses similar techniques as Swedish Massage, however it is deeper and more specific. Strokes are applied deeper and at a slower pace.
- Applied Kinesiology - Is a healing system that evaluates and treats an individual in structural, chemical, and mental aspects. It employs muscle testing and other standard methods of diagnosis, like postural analysis and meridian work to treat individuals with massage manipulation, diet, acupressure, exercise and education. treatments are usually performed in clothes for several treatments.
- Acupressure - Is an ancient healing that uses the fingers to press key points on the surface of the skin to stimulate the body's natural self-circulate abilities. Pressing these points, release muscular tension and promote the circulation and body life force to aid in healing. Acupressure and Acupuncture uses the same points, but Acupuncture employs needles while Acupressure uses gentle yet firm pressure. Acupressure is much older than acupuncture and continues to be the most effective method for self-treatment of tension-related ailments by using the power and sensitivity of the human hand.
- Aromatherapy - Uses essential oils that are extracted from herbs, flowers, resin, wood and roots. These oils have been used for healing the body and care for the skin for thousands of years. The Egyptians, Greeks and Romans all used essential oils to heal wounds and improve circulation. Come experience the amazing healing properties today. Therapeutic grade oils help to elevate stress and assist you in becoming more balanced, well-centered person. Custom blends available, as well as an all-natural product line.
Types of Body Treatments Available:
Body Treatments are 'Spa-like' treatments designed to relax the body, mind and spirit.
- Salt Glows - uses sea salt and essential oils as well as Dry Brushing to bring toxins to the surface and clear away dead tissue, leaving a glow to the person's skin.
- Body Wraps - are performed with herbs and oils to detox and relax the client. You are rubbed down, then wrapped with oils and herbs, to 'bake out' toxins and stress.
- MUD Therapy - can consist of two types of mud or one type of algae. Purpose of treatment is to draw out toxins and leave skin smooth and refreshed.
- Hot Oil Treatment - rejuvenates hair with essential oil to strengthen hair shaft. Repairs damage caused by styling. Enjoy a scalp massage during treatment.
- Dry Body Brush - stimulates the lymphatic and circulatory system by exfoliating dead skin cells with a body brush, its great to open skin pores and release toxins.
- Pariffin Treatment - dips your hands and feet in our warm vanilla/peach paraffin. Helps bones, muscles and tendons. Great for arthritis, also leaves skin smooth.
- Pre-Post Natal - are both effective massage therapies to help women reduce pregnancy discomforts, enhance the physiological and emotional well being of the mother and the fetus. It's great at shortening labor time, easing pain and anxiety and essential oils can be a great practice for this. Before, during and after birth, postpartum massage helps with the emotions a new mother may have. It also helps with the bond, care of the infant having the mother happy, balanced and well cared for.
- Reflexology - is a body work modality based on zone theory where pressure is applied to specific points on the hands and feet to affect a physical change throughout the body. This has been shown to reduce stress, improve circulation, support the body to clear toxins and bring an overall balance to the entire body. It is an excellent introduction to bodywork for clients who may not be comfortable receiving a full body massage, or may have physical conditions for which a full body massage is not appropriate.
- Postural Integration - regaining proper structural alignment myofascial release free's tension in the connective tissue or fascia that surrounds ans supports muscle, bones and organs, also relieves pain associated with adhesion's helps increase range of motion and function and also releases emotional trauma. Come for an evaluation and we will customize a care plan perfect for your needs. Evaluation takes about twenty minutes.
Types of Energy Medicine Available:
- Reiki - is a Japanese word that literally translated means 'Universal Life Force'. It is a non-manipulative energy modality that supports self-healing and personal growth. Reiki functions on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels. It can loosen and clear blocked energies, promote a state of total relaxation and overall health. Reiki works on people, animals and plants.
- Usui Reiki - works with chakra system to balance the body, mind and spirit. The vibrations of Reiki pass through the master's hands, eye and breath. Applying a higher energy to the denser or afflicted areas to uplift the frequency and vibrations of the physical body. This helps the charka system balance for overall well-being.
- Karuna Reiki - works at a higher level and vibrations than Usui, helping one on their path to enlightenment. In Saskrit, Karuna means action taken to diminish the suffering of all (Universal Compassion to action). It also helps one to reconnect to the Divine Source of Peace, Love and Compassion. Karuna Healing allows all aspects of self to hold and move divine light and love so we can live more from our own Divine Consciousness in all aspects of life.
- Healing Touch - Is based on the idea that an energy field called an aura surrounds the body and helps to protect us. We also have a charka system, connecting the mind, body, spirit and aura. This modality uses techniques above the body as well as hands on to reestablish proper energy flow and allow the persons own healing powers to take over. Healing touch is especially helpful for situations in which touch isn't well tolerated. It is amazing for restoring harmony and balance and affecting the physical, emotional, mental, spiritual health and healing of an individual.
- Jin-Shin - Is Japanese modality that aims to balance the flow of chi by releasing energy that is blocked along the pathway. (12 major channels or meridias) the practitioner 'listens' to the 12 energy pulses to determine where to place their hands. A light pressure is used with the palms, finger tips or back of hand. Client is generally clothed, can be done with just holding someones hands. Great for people who can not receive deep massage.
- Polarity - In the 1920's, Dr. Randolph Stone developed this modality that integrates the Chinese 5 elements Theory. Yin/Yang and 5 of the Chakras (from the throat down). Every cell holds both positive and negative charge. The body is gently manipulated, through the use of light touch, deep touch and neutral touch to balance positive and negative energy in the physical body. Leaving you balanced, centered and grounded.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage - This is a very light, subtle technique that works to optimize the body's lymphatic system through gentle, wave-like pumping strokes. Lymphatic Drainage Massage can be very effective in managing conditions like chronic sinus irritation and obstructive lymph edema. It's excellent adjutant to detoxification and cleanse programs. Lymphatic Drainage is also used in support of injury recovery as well as for pre and post-operative care. By manipulating cellulite, MLD naturally creates smooth and beautiful skin. An 'instant face-lift', it is excellent at improving the appearance of wrinkles. Most clients typically find it extremely relaxing.
- Oncology Massage - Massage therapy can be an effective adjutant therapy in managing the stress and discomfort associated with major health crisis. Oncology Massage primarily focuses on comfort care, while respecting the unique needs of an oncology patient. Adjustments to the session are incorporated to accommodate any pressure, positioning or site restrictions as well as restrictions to session duration, to optimize the benefits for the client. As such, working with clients in active treatment requires extensive coordination with their Oncologist. Oncology massage sessions will generally incorporate lighter techniques and may include other techniques such as foot reflexology and energy work.
- Geriatric Massage - Focuses on the elderly, addressing the Psychological and Physiological aspects of aging. Using a lighter touch, during a shorter session, this modality is often supporative therapy for many ailments/diseases.
- Trauma Touch Therapy - When a n injury happens, emotional as well as physical trauma occurs to the physical body. Trauma, whether recent or in the past can cause emotional and/or physical challenges in our life. Our bodies have cellular memory that recall the traumas we have incurred. What we carry with us can affect every aspect of life; including overall body make-up right down to the function of organs. Releasing traumatic memories form our bodies assists with healing the overall self. Physically, emotionally and spiritually, T.T.T. is an application of bodywork aimed to support the re-integration of the mind and body following trauma and/or abuse. It is a structured series of 10 sessions and completely client centered, often complimenting one's psychotherapeutic work. These releases remove heaviness that keeps the body from feeling satisfied or enlightened and can provide physical relief of discomfort. Letting go can lay things to rest and effect a state of inner peace. Discover how these releases can make a clear and positive impact in your life!